CREDIT TRANSFER AND RECOGNITION OF PRIOR LEARNING
Recognition of prior learning, course exemptions and course equivalence
(1) The students who have previously received education from a higher education institution and passed the courses successfully may be exempted from the equivalent courses on the program they are recently accepted to with the decision of the relevant board.
(2) For the students who are accepted to the programs within the university, the learning outcomes they have received outside the higher education institutions related to the programs they are accepted can be associated with the learning outcomes and credits of the courses within the scope of the relevant program. The students who certificate those outcomes and outcome processes may be exempted from the courses that the outcomes are associated with provided that they pass the organized exams with the decision of the relevant board.
(3) The students who graduate from the secondary education institutions practicing International Baccalaureate Diploma Program (IB) (French, Matura, ABITUR) and accepted to the University may be exempted from the courses of the program they are accepted which are equivalent to the courses they receive during secondary education (high school) with the decision of the relevant board.
(4) Within the scope of recognition of prior learning and course exemption, the Senate may decide on core courses present on the syllabuses on the dates stated on the academic calendar.
(5) In the recognition and exemptions except for the third sub-article, the passing grades of the exempted courses are converted to letter grades and those grades are placed into grade point average calculation. In the recognition and exemptions within the scope of third sub-article, the exempted relevant course is given the grade of (M) (Muaf – Exempted) and those grades are not placed into grade point average calculation.
(6) The process of class equivalence of the student who has been transferred from another higher education institution to the University’s equivalent program is determined by the relevant board taking the period of study the student has spent in his/her previous institution into consideration.
(7) The process of class equivalence for the students who have been transferred into the University’s different program from another higher institution via internal transfer with ÖSYS central placement score and the students who have been graduated from another higher education institution or extramatriculated from the university is determined by the relevant board taking the courses and credits the students have received and passed successfully on their previous program into consideration.
(8) The students who are placed into the university or transferred to must fulfil the obligation of attending the courses they have received from another higher education institution and they are not exempted from.
(9) In order for the students who are exempted from the courses and whose course equivalence is carried out to become entitled to obtain a right of graduation, the qualifications of registration at least one semester for associate programs and at least two semesters for undergraduate programs are required.
(10) The processes of recognition of prior learning, course exemption and course equivalence are carried out according to the procedures and principals of “Beykoz University Directive for Recognition of Prior Learning, Course Exemptions and Course Equivalence.”